Being a caregiver for an elderly parent is a big responsibility, and even though it’s rewarding to be able to help the mother or father that raised you, not very many adult children can do everything for them without feeling a lot of stress. If you still want to care for your parent but need some help with things for a few days a week, home care for the elderly is the perfect solution. Your aging parent’s desire to age at home and not go to a senior facility is one that’s shared by many Americans.
Benefits of Home Health Care for Seniors
Why should you be considering home care? There are many different things to talk about with your parent before deciding on a type of care. You should know as much as you can about hiring a home caregiver. Here are the benefits that a caregiver can provide you:
- Home care can keep families together. Whether or not your elderly loved one lives in your home or on their own, the social value is worth it. Having a caregiver that becomes a friend with the senior they are caring for and the rest of the family is something that you can’t get outside of home care.
- Your parent can continue to be independent. The last thing a senior person wants is to feel helpless, and with living at home they can be more in control of their life, while at the same time getting the help they need.
- Personalized care is one of the best parts of home care. Your mother or father can receive exactly the degree of care they need. They won’t be forced into doing things they aren’t comfortable with, or made to sit back while someone else does everything.
- Having a home caregiver reduces the stress in your life as well as your parent’s life. Unlike staying in a facility or other types of care, having a home caregiver will relax and improve the environment for your parent.
- Caregivers from home care agencies are trained professionals and care about their patients. They are more of a friend to your parent than anything else. Mental and physical struggles are handled with patience and acceptance to help your mother or father heal in the best way.
People aging in place with a home caregiver tend to live longer. Having a better quality of life and staying at home can add years to your elderly loved one’s life and add life to their remaining years. Having happiness and fulfillment is more than just living and being healthy. Your parent will need a passion for their life, and home care can help them find that.
Home care counselors at At Your Service are available to talk with you about your in-home care needs including how to reduce caregiver stress while providing better, affordable care. We are an elder care agency providing Home Care in Santa Rosa CA.